- Job Categories:Engineering
- Job Type:Permanent
- Published Date:2022-10-22
- Salary Period:Annual
- Company Name:Cannon Corp
- Company Type:Agency
The announced job offer is made public by the firm: Cannon Corp and it was included in jobs list the date of: 2022-10-22 in the website greenenergyjobsonline.com.
It is announced that they have a job offer at the category of Engineering and the jobs location is in the state of California at the city Irvine, in the country US - at this current ZipCode: 92606
The information residing in this page is not directly announced by our websites, we help users in the intent of finding the jobs they want and redirect them back to jobs8 for apropriate applying to any of the jobs listed on www.greenenergyjobsonline.com.
Description: You'll Come for a Job But You'll Stay for an Exciting Career! Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
PROJECTS INCLUDE Instrumentation and Controls/SCADA, Water Resources, Transportation, Recreational Facilities, Solar Facilities, Oil Field Applications, Agriculture, Food Processing.
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of Control Systems projects and developing future projects for the company. The scope of the Control Systems projects varies greatly and include a wide range of services from site reconnaissance; preliminary engineering research; preparation of plans, specification, and engineers estimates; bidding assistance; PLC programming; and HMI/SCADA software installation; configuration; and deployment. On-site work may be required in heavy industrial environments, inclement weather conditions, and on slippery or uneven surfaces. Overnight stays are typically not required, but may be required on occasion for project commissioning.
No candidate is expected to be proficient or knowledgeable on all duties, qualifications, and skills listed below. We are looking for candidates with practical design and/or implementation experience in some of the following areas and a desire to learn more.
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
- Designs and prepares plans, specifications, and estimates of probable cost for a variety of Control Systems engineering projects.
- Coordinates with representatives of clients, vendors, material suppliers, and contractors to obtain information and guidance, and make appropriate equipment selections and prepare specification datasheets. This includes, but not limited to, instrumentation, industrial control system hardware/software, computer system hardware/software.
- Performs calculations relating to SCADA and Control Systems design.
- Work with clients to develop scope of work and fee estimates for Control Systems projects.
- Write formal proposals for public agency design or system integration projects.
- Manage teams in development of designs and execution of Control Systems projects.
- Manages project budgets for Control Systems tasks, maintain project schedule and ensure high-quality review of final deliverables.
- Provides field observation and reports.
- Designs network infrastructure for SCADA systems, including HMI Servers, Virtualization Services, Network hardware, network infrastructure/components, PLCs, and networked field components
- Prefers design, programming and implementation experience with Fieldbus networks (HART, Modbus, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, etc.)
- Ensures that systems and equipment are serviced, programmed, adjusted, and calibrated to meet the client's requirements.
- Programs and troubleshoots PLCs, including ladder logic, function block, structured text routines. Must be familiar with at least.
- Programs and troubleshoots HMIs, including communication drivers, graphic object development, data historization, alarm management, trending, and reporting.
- Assists with back-up and restoration, security, virus protection, performance monitoring, and user access rights.
- Assesses software and hardware and make recommendations for upgrade and/or replacement.
- Solves basic circuit calculations for resistance, voltage, current, power, and process measurements.
- Develops new clients and maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited college, preferably with a concentration in Mechanical, Control Systems, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years progressively responsible work experience in instrumentation and controls, including: Control Systems equipment, programmable controllers, operator interface terminals, programming, and IT Infrastructure including Windows Server, Domain Controller, and Server Virtualization.
- Experience with PLC programming in more than 1 software platform.
- Experience with SCADA HMI and historian software.
- Experience with Ignition software.
- Experience with network design, installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of process instrumentation including design, procurement, installation, calibration, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with motor control schematics, loop drawings, logic charts, network architecture drawings, and P&ID drawings.
- EIT or the ability and desire to obtain the EIT.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in oral and written English so that others may clearly understand instructions, reports, production, specification documents, and records.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and have a clean driving record.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status