- Job Categories:Engineering
- Job Type:Permanent
- Published Date:2022-10-22
- Salary Period:Annual
- Company Name:Raytheon Missiles & Defense
- Company Type:Agency
The announced job offer is made public by the firm: Raytheon Missiles & Defense and it was included in jobs list the date of: 2022-10-22 in the website greenenergyjobsonline.com.
It is announced that they have a job offer at the category of Engineering and the jobs location is in the state of Washington at the city Seattle, in the country US - at this current ZipCode: 98101
The information residing in this page is not directly announced by our websites, we help users in the intent of finding the jobs they want and redirect them back to jobs8 for apropriate applying to any of the jobs listed on www.greenenergyjobsonline.com.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Algorithm & Simulation Directorate within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Engineering consists of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC); Signal Processing; and Modeling and Simulation for Sensors and Effectors. The Flight Sciences Department, part of the GNC discipline, is responsible for developing, implementing, testing, and modeling aerodynamic designs and control system algorithms. We support new business initiatives and help develop & execute technology roadmaps
We are seeking a Flight Sciences Department Leader in Tucson, AZ.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will oversee program execution for design, testing, and performance assessment of aerodynamic, aerothermal, and control solutions.
- You will identify and support development of GNC Flight Sciences capabilities for new business applications and technologies that are key to RMD growth, including core business areas and adjacent markets.
- This role will participate in development of strategic plans for GNC technology, tools, and processes.
- You will serve as GNC Flight Sciences point of contact for Mission Areas, Program Chief Engineers, Lead Systems Engineers, Chief Technologists, and Program Managers.
- This role will review and approve EACs (Estimates at Complete) and proposals for department-supported programs.
- You will provide effective guidance, coaching and leadership to Section Leaders and program team leads to ensure effective communication and execution of programs.
- You will drive employee performance management, including goal setting, career guidance, performance feedback, compensation, training, and development.
- You will partner with Talent Acquisition to support business needs through appropriate hiring and staffing.
- You will be empowered to develop partnerships across Raytheon, industry, and academia to facilitate strategic capability development.
- You will prepare for and conduct overhead budget and department operating reviews using RMD engineering tools with the A&S Director and the A&S Business Manager.
- This role will lead the Department in the achievement of A&S Directorate, RMD Engineering, and RMD Business Unit goals.
- You will collaborate with the GNC Leadership, A&S Directorate, and RMD Engineering extended leadership team to support business activities.
- You will champion leadership, respect, ethics, and diversity initiatives within the Department.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree in STEM and twelve (12) years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and ten (10) years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, sixteen (16) years of relevant experience is required
- Twelve (12) years of experience in GNC systems and/or Aerodynamics , with at least four (4) years specifically with missile systems applications
- Prior leadership experience in technical and/or functional capacity
- An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other related STEM discipline.
- Ability to balance the diverse needs of an engineering organization within a large corporation with the personal needs of employees.
- Highly knowledgeable in several of the of the following areas: vehicle design for stability and control; aerodynamic prediction; wind tunnel testing; aerodynamic model generation; classical and modern control system design techniques; modeling of system dynamics; state estimation; trajectory simulation; and flight test planning and data analysis.
- In-depth experience with existing aerodynamic and/or control system design and analysis tools.
- Multi-discipline engineering background with knowledge of related technologies and products specific to GNC and to the broader engineering organization (Guidance, Navigation, embedded software, RF and EO-IR seekers, Systems Engineering, and requirements flow down).
- Experience and expertise on missile programs in multiple Mission Areas.
- Experience with proposal development and knowledge of the bidding process.
- Experience in Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Experience with staffing and workforce planning.
- Experience in concept-development studies and systems architecture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective leadership presence during group and individual interactions.
- Strong judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent follow-through and persistence.
- Ability to state and execute a clear and achievable vision for the Department.
- Ability to obtain clearances to access proprietary programs.
What We Offer :
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.